Coal headwear is looking for a Production Manager. This person will be responsible for managing all production related projects at Coal including but not limited too: production calendar, sourcing and development, managing Custom/OEM workflow, issuing purchase orders, costing, internal and external communication with key stakeholders and vendors.
The Production Manager role will cover a broad range of production and project management tasks. The role is best suited for a goal oriented,well-rounded individual who can learn quickly and adapt to daily challenges utilizing their experience and diverse skill set. This individual will also need to be a self-sufficient creative thinker that acts with a sense of urgency and takes ownership in all production responsibilities for Coal Headwear.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Negotiate pricing with factories and logistics companies.
- Send purchase orders to overseas and domestic suppliers.
- Entering, issuing and updating all finished goods, trims, raw materials, and salesman samples purchase orders.
- Coordinate with design for sourcing and counter sampling needs.
- Coordinate with sales manager & ecom manager to tally final buys.
- Responsible for running accurate reports for sales, production, and inventory control.
PRODUCTION WORK IN PROGRESS:
- Daily correspondence with domestic & overseas factories to ensure on time production schedules and exit factory dates are met.
- Responsible for creation,maintenance and setting group review of production calendar.
- Updating all ETA, ETD, and In Transit dates into tracking charts. (Asana)
- Monitors weekly Work in Progress Reports from factories.
- Works directly with factories to ensure production delivers on time.
- Represents Coal production at weekly operations meeting with: Customer Service, Sales, Operations and Warehouse teams to review upcoming shipping schedules, delays, ticketing requirements.
- Problem solves all production related issues.
- Notifies all departments of updates and solutions.
- Requesting compliance/testing reports from factories. File and organize.
- Weekly Check of Majors Sales orders. Ensure needed compliance documents for outgoing PO’s are on file.
- Plan and coordinate shipping with factory partners.
- Coordinate with warehouse for all in-house ticketing needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of all Major accounts Compliance guidelines.
- Confirm Shipments as ready from Factory. Review and approve packing forms with Purchase Order.
- Daily tracking of all production shipments. Update Asana with tracking information. Notify all parties for major releases and/or changes.
- Review status/location of shipments, update warehouse teams of product movement to help warehouse capacity planning.
- Coordinate with Distributors and Factories for International drop shipments.
- Work with Accounting on Three-Way Match Invoice processing. (Swaps)
- Collate reports for weekly/monthly production stats.
- Work with Courier and Freight Forwarder partners.
- Responsible for all finished goods quality control per company standards.
- Ensure high quality control standards are maintained and recorded for all incoming shipments.
- Organized with the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Detail oriented with strong follow through.
- Ability to multi-task and work both independently and within a group.
- Able to work under pressure with deadlines.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Knowledge and experience with ERP Systems (Example: Full Circle)
- Experience with International Purchasing.
- Knowledge of 3PL distribution, warehousing, and fulfilment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Adobe Illustrator, willingness to learn new software.
- Go-getter who is motivated to learn.
- Team player, positive attitude, enthusiastic.
C3 is an equal opportunity employer and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
To apply, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org